The aim of this qualification is to develop learners’ first aid skills to enable them to take initial action to deal with health emergencies that might occur in the workplace.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who has to deliver first aid as part of their role in either childcare settings or in domestic environments.
No minimum entry levels required but trainees will be assessed for basic levels of English proficiency.
• First aid kit
• Action planning
• Treatment of an unconscious casualty
• Asthma and diabetic emergencies
• Head injuries
• Sprains, strains and fractures
• Poisoning, bites and stings
• Foreign objects
• Administration of Medication
• Childhood conditions (e.g. measles, meningitis, croup)
• Recording and reporting
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
No, but you will need to demonstrate practical skills to complete the qualification
Duration: 2 days
Learning Outcome: Level 2 Certificate for 3 years